Kitchen Design – What’s Trending?
Kitchens and bathrooms are considered critical investment areas within new home construction and can have a significant impact on potential saleability in the future.
When designed and built correctly a kitchen reflects quality and exudes the wow factor, triggering an emotional response in potential buyers. However, the key is to strike a balance between your idea of a dream kitchen, its functionality and a design that will stand the test of time for years to come.
Traditionally the kitchen is the heart of the home and the social hub for entertaining family and friends. Whether you are undertaking a kitchen extension or building a new house, Innovative design incorporating the right inclusions and finishing is key to creating a stylish practical kitchen that flows seamlessly with the main living areas.
Let’s take look at some of the key trends in kitchen design and styling for new homes today.
Colours & Textures
- Black, along with timber, stone, and metal featured on appliances, bench tops and cabinetry are right on trend.
- To break things up, add subtle white accents or complementary pops of colour such as fresh green shades, purple, pinks or teal blue tones.
- Think outside the box by introducing interesting kitchen pieces, plants and other touches to add a burst of colour, or even a striking feature wall for a decorative point of difference.
Cabinetry & Benchtops
- Natural textures such as timbers, concrete and stone inspired hard-wearing materials create a sense of organic sophistication and functionality.
- Large Island Benches remain on trend, multi-functioning as both a prep area, serving and entertaining.
- Storage walls are a popular alternative to the classic butler’s pantry, particularly for smaller kitchens, featuring one wall of lower cabinets and countertops, a larger island, and floor-to-ceiling storage in the rest of the space.
- In keeping with the all-black trend, grey granite and concrete sinks have stepped up to replace the traditional stainless-steel finishes.
Fittings – Tapware, Handles, Hinges
- Bold tones including black and gold, with the addition of pendant lights, adds a sophisticated focal point in your kitchen.
- Natural Stone-inspired laminate splashbacks are a great cost-effective alternative to stone and marble.
- Subway tiles format remains popular choice.
- Darker tiles paired with black grout creates a contemporary seamless look.
- Instant filtered hot-water taps.
- Stackable ovens, microwaves and warming drawers.
- Wine fridges.
- Extractors discreetly concealed from the open-plan living areas.
- Keeping with a minimalist look – integrated appliances (with fronts that are in the same cabinetry material) i.e. fridges, freezers and dishwashers.
JPM Building & Design, custom home builders perth, specialises in quality boutique homes builder perth designed specifically to suit our client’s personality and lifestyle. Whatever your vision is, we can design and build your dream kitchen featuring the latest quality finishes and inclusions to suit your budget.
Click here to view our gallery, showcasing examples of our completed projects including custom new build homes, house extensions and knockdown rebuild perth. Call today for more information, JPM Building & Design, ph. 08 9250 6188.